My Blog
World News

King Charles III diagnosed with cancer, postponing public duties


LONDON — King Charles III has been diagnosed with cancer and will not be making public appearances, Buckingham Palace said Monday.

The palace did not provide details on the type of cancer or where it was found, other than to say that during the British king’s recent procedure to treat a benign prostate enlargement, a “separate issue of concern was noted.”

“His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties,” the palace said in a statement. “Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.”

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak posted on X, formerly Twitter, “Wishing His Majesty a full and speedy recovery. I have no doubt he’ll be back to full strength in no time and I know the whole country will be wishing him well.”

Just a few weeks ago, Charles was hospitalized and underwent a “corrective procedure” for an enlarged prostate. At that time, the palace said it was a benign condition, common for men over 60.

The January news came the same day that Kensington Palace announced that Catherine, Princess of Wales, had been hospitalized for abdominal surgery. Both the king and Catherine were released and were recuperating at home.

The palaces are typically tight-lipped about the health of the royal family, but last month Charles appeared ready to have more information released, if it could help other patients seek tests and diagnosis.



Related posts

Korean dramas: The rise of heroines

newsconquest

Trump defends ‘great woman’ Ginni Thomas after Jan. 6 testimony

newsconquest

China evades questions about why it hasn’t evacuated embassy group of workers and electorate from Ukraine 

newsconquest

Leave a Comment