My Blog
Politics

Trump Camp Seeks to Limit Second-Term Talk


“Top officials in Donald Trump’s campaign sought Friday to quell discussions about his possible second term in the White House, amid alarms about authoritarianism and reports about personnel,” the Washington Post reports.

Said Susie Wiles and Chris LaCivita said in a written statement to the media: “Let us be very specific here: unless a message is coming directly from President Trump or an authorized member of his campaign team, no aspect of future presidential staffing or policy announcements should be deemed official.”

“The unusual statement, which came after a similar message from the senior advisers last month, reflected growing concerns in Trump’s circle about some perceptions associated with his second term. It comes as experts and political opponents have raised alarms about the former president and his allies embracing authoritarian ideas and rhetoric.”

FavoriteLoadingSave to Favorites

Related posts

Republicans Have A Large Downside As There Are Extra Kevin McCarthy 1/6 Tapes

newsconquest

FBI search deepens political implications of Biden document discoveries

newsconquest

Trump Was Depressed And Not Eating After He Failed To Overthrow The Government

newsconquest

Leave a Comment